Duplex steel, which is both Austenitic and Ferritic, is widely used in applications has high corrosion resistance and strength. Duplex is usually composed of 22 percent chromium and 5 percent nickel.
Duplex steel goes under precipitation at temperatures above 300°C, the brittle micro-constituents and at below -50°C temperatures the micro-constituents goes under the ductile-to-brittle phase; because of this Duplex stainless steel is not suitable for use at these temperatures.
What is a Duplex Flange?
Duplex steel Flanges are extremely corrosion resistant, work hardenable alloys. The austenite and ferrite phases has mixture of microstructures. Duplex Flanges are higher resistance to corrosion As a result, duplex steels Flanges display properties characteristic of austenitic as well as ferritic stainless steels
Heat treatment cannot be used to harden duplex steel flanges. It hardens when processed Duplex flanges cools rapidly after heating to about 1100°C may be used for solvent treatment or annealing.
Types and Uses of Duplex Flanges
- Duplex Steel Forged Flanges are found in size from 1/8 inch – 24 inches. Flanges have various pressure group depending on their different dimensions.
- Duplex Weld neck flanges, Blind flange, Orifice Flanges, Lap Joint Flanges, and Slip on Flanges are a few types of Flanges. All these types of flanges are used in different way as per there applications.
- Slip on flanges are used for seamless pipes to maintain connection points exactly. The flanges can also be made as screwed, plate, forged, threaded flanges.
- Duplex Steel Threaded Flange are used in connecting with male threaded pipe ends. Theses flanges usually have a female threaded end. There are also different varieties of faces, such as flat faces, raised faces, and ring type jointed faces. The various faces or flange types are used according to the application.
- Duplex Steel Socket weld Flanges has an ability to hold the pipes during and after welding. They provide a connecting surface for welding and bolt holes. Duplex flanges are used in a variety of applications ranging from seawater to electricity generation.
Few other Applications of Duplex Flanges
- Pollution control equipment
- Oil and Gas Pipeline
- Chemical Industry
- Water Supply Systems
- Power Plant
- Paper & Pulp Industry
- Industrial Flanges uses in Fabrication Industry
- Gas exploration and Offshore Drilling Rigs
- Food Processing Industry
- Marine environments
- Structural Pipe